The Patient Journey
- When booking you in for an appointment we will need to confirm your COVID risk and take a detailed dental and medical history. We may ask you to also send us photos of any problems you are currently having in your mouth to help us to book the right appointment for you.
- Consent forms and payment for treatment will also be dealt with over the phone.
- You need to attend the appointment on your own, or 1 parent from the same household with a child, or with a carer if necessary.
- Please use the toilet at home before attending your appointment.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary items to your appointment such as heavy coats or extra bags.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time and wait in your car or outside the practice and call us to confirm you have arrived.
- When you come in to the practice the upstairs door to reception will be locked. Please knock at the door and before you enter a trained member of staff wearing PPE will check your identity, temperature and COVID risk.
- You will then be asked to place any belongings, such as coat and bag, into a lidded plastic box.
- The next step will be to sanitise your hands prior to being escorted to the surgery.
- The dentist and nurse will already be wearing PPE. This may look a little intimidating but it is for your safety and the safety of our team.
- Your treatment will be provided, as always, to the highest clinical standards.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands again before collecting your belongings and leaving the practice.
- A team member will contact you later that day to make arrangements for any follow up appointments or further treatment.
We would like to reassure you that all the team at Berwick Hills Dental Practice are fully trained in infection prevention and control and we will continue to maintain our high standards to make your visit as safe as possible.